Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm such a dork!

I am such a dork. It is my grandpa's birthday so I was rushing to the post office after work to get his present shipped. Of course, being the post office, they don't have hours that acutally work for people who work.

I got there moments before they were getting ready to close. This wonderful man was so helpful. He had me hand him everything so he could weigh it and I could pay. Then he closed out his drawer while I got everything into the packing box and addressed. 

Then I suddenly realized I was missing one of the bits of the gift so I ran to my car and found it.  Ran back in and put it in the box.  Now mind you, the sweet helpful man had already weighed the dang box.  I don't know what the heck I was thinking. Hopefully it didn't change the weight enough that they won't deliver my package.

Then I went to get my address book I couldn't find it.  Luckily I had just received a Valentine from my sweet Auntie so I shipped the package to her instead of my mom.  Isn't it lucky they are neighbors!!!!

I finally got the box on its way and took a big sigh of relief, climbed back in the car and their sitting on my dash board..... the birthday card.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm such a dork.  It's a good thing my grandpa knows how much I love him!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Grandpa!  I miss you and I love you!


Grandpa, my cousin Andrea and her sweet family.

No comments: