Sunday, August 28, 2011

Build your foundation upon the rock of our Redeemer

I have missed a few Sunday Scripture Posts.  The Fraser Clan has had a very difficult month.  My good husband has been having a very difficult time.  He has been in the hospital three times since July 17th.  He is still in the hospital now, and will be for a while longer. 

I have cried many tears, even cried myself into a migraine on one occasion.  I have been terrified, angry, frustrated, confused, scared, and hopeful.  This has truly been a trial of my faith.

When I was at one of my lowest points I received an email from a very special friend.  This amazing friend has endured more than most and had trials I cannot comprehend.  Through it all she has remained an amazing example to me.  I know she has had very low days, and her faith too has been challenged, but she finds strength in her family, strength in her Savior, strength in prayer, and strength in studying the word of God. 

Her message to me was simple yet powerful.  She reminded me where I too could turn for the strength that I need, especially in the hard times.   Her message included a scripture.  She said when she read it she thought of me and knew she needed to send me a message.  I know the Lord was guiding her to help me. 

The Lord knows us so intimately.  He knows when we are struggling.  He often uses others to answer our prayers.  As I struggled through a difficult day, praying for comfort and aid, an email arrived with words of encouragement and love, for which I will always be grateful.

Helaman 5:12

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."




No comments: