Friday, October 7, 2011

What a week...

I know it's been a little while, but man, it's been a crazy week or so.

At the end of last week CJ finished all of his antibiotic infusions!  YAHHHHHH!!!  I can't even tell you how excited we all were, especially CJ, to be done with that!  I cannot say enough about how wonderful the staff at the hospital were.  After 28 infusions we had gotten to know the nurses and paramedics really well.  They are seriously the best!  They even let CJ take a look at the ambulance.  He was pretty excited! 



Is that one happy kid or what?
On a side note:  I really need to learn how to make a photo mosaic/collage.  I'm just sayin'.

On Friday I tried to make a Hot Air Balloon wall hanging. This stupid thing was harder than I expected it to be.  We all decided the red strip in the middle is way to distracting, and the brown basket just didn't seem to work at all. Zachary thought it looked like the Hindenburg.  Since the Hindenburg caught fire and crashed, resulting in the now infamous..."Ohhhh the humanity" this project is definitely a bust.
Last weekend my family and I, along with the countless others, had the opportunity to watch, listen, and/or read the October General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Twice a year, April and October, the church holds a world wide General Conference.  Speakers are chosen from the leaders of the church.  It is a wonderful experience.  I love to hear from men and women who are so strong in the faith and sacrifice so much for the Lord.  I love to hear from the Apostles and especially the Prophet.  So many wonderful and amazing messages that help me to feel energized, refocused, and ready to try a little harder. 
President Thomas S. Monson
I also got a job, well, a contract position.  I will be working three days a week, about 80 minutes from home.  It isn't the ideal situation but it is a good compromise from the other possibilities.  I'm home every night and able to help out as much as possible.  The schedule is a little flexible so I can make adjustments for Craig's doctor's appointments and the like.  It should be interesting but it is going to mean I won't be quilting or blogging as much as I would like.  But I am home at night and it's only three days a week.

To make up for lost time during the week I sewed my little heart out today.

I finished the top from the paper piecing class.  I still need to quilt and bind it but the top is finished.


The binding will be the dark purple in the little stars.  But I love the pink so much I'm almost sorry I didn't go with the pink.  The colors are really beautiful.  I wish I had a better camara so you could see it.
 I started working on an Advent Calendar.  I found the tutorial for the project here.  The top is almost finished, I just need to make the applique numbers for each day.  This was super easy and I think it turned out really cute.  The flying geese are pockets so you can add whatever little thing you want for your daily surprise.  I'm going to have a little gift and a little spiritual activity for the family.  I'm really hoping it will help our family to remember Jesus Christ throughout the month of December.


We had the drawing for the October UFO project.  They drew #1, so my UFO project for October is...
"Happy Charm Quilt"  The top has to be completed by our next meeting which is the first Thursday in November.  :)

I was actually kind of productive today!  Go Me!

3 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Yay for the end of the infusions, no wonder he's happy!

Yes, I think the red is just sending that basket into oblivion with the contrast.

Congrats on the new job, and well done on all the sewing :o)

Toni said...

Your Advent calender looks great so far! I can't wait to see it all finished! The Happy charms are cute. And yes, happy boy!! Congratulations to him on the end of treatments! And congratulations to you for the new job!

Ann Michelle said...

Congratulations on the new job!! And I love the star piece - it's beautiful!!! :)