Thursday, June 23, 2011

Despite the dark cloud hanging over my head alot was accomlised today!

We never seem to catch a break around here.  There is always some new stumbling block to climb over.  I was feeling pretty overwhelmed and sorry for myself this morning.  I wanted to climb in bed, pull the covers over my head and shut the world out.  However, I had too much to do today!

My two oldest kids leave for "Trek" next week.  They are traveling some of the Mormon Handcart pioneer trail that goes through Iowa.  They will be in pioneer clothes, pulling handcarts, and hopefully getting an idea of what the Mormon Pioneers experienced.  I made a skirt and apron for Alexa.


Super easy skirt and apron.
 


Just need to head to Goodwill to find a long sleeve shirt for her to wear.

I also got the borders added to the Jelly Roll Race quilt.  In hind sight I should have taken pictures along the way and made a "how to" entry for this quilt.  It is sooooooo easy that anyone who can sew a straight stitch can make a beautiful quilt.  Maybe I'll have to make another one soon! :)


I wish my camera did a better job at the colors.  They are batiks and marbles and they are very bright and cheerful!

Tomorrow is "Finish it Friday" so I will try to get it quilted.  Maybe the binding can be next Friday's project.  I'll post it when I'm done.

All this work actually boosted my mood a bit! 


No comments: