Monday, July 11, 2011

Flora Challenge

About a month ago I ran across a website call Kimscraftyapple.  She does "Project Quilting" challenges, similar to Project Runway.  When I read her blog she had just announced and "off-season" Flora Challenge.  This is what I was working on when I previewed my Dresden plate.

I finished the top.  I didn't get it quilted so I was kind of like one of those contestants on Project Runway who doesn't get there challenge completely finished.  Here are some pictures.  I will post more when I figure out how to quilt it.


I finished at 1:30 Sunday Morning. 



I wanted some outside shots but it was trying to rain and my Tiger Lillies were closed up and drooping.


 I'm not sure that I am in love with the border and I'm not sure how to quilt it but I think it turned out pretty good.

Any thoughts on the border or quilting ideas?  I would love to hear suggestions.

I am posting this on Quilt Story / Fabric Tuesday.

3 comments:

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Wow! Wish I was a quilter when I see things like this! I think you did a great job!

Quiltstory said...

I think it turned out very cute, and I like the borders!! I am not the most creative at quilting...otherwise I'd offer a genius suggestion :)

Ann Michelle said...

Love the look Steph. But not a quilter so no ideas to pass on.