Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sweet Comfort

2 Nephi 1:15 - But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love.


For some reason this has been a rough week for the Fraser Clan.  It's been nearly a year since we made the move from Missouri to Iowa.  This week my oldest daughter and I have been very, very homesick.  We miss our friends and loved ones and simple comforts of the familiar.  We also miss our family in Utah.  We always miss them and wish we could live closer to them.  But for some reason this week has been particularly difficult. 

As I thought about my Sunday Scripture post, I thought of loneliness and the feeling of being so alone.  I came across an article, Sweet Comfort, in the Nov. 2002, New Era, a publication by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints geared toward the youth of the gospel.  The article is a touching story about a young woman away from home for the first time.  As she longs for her mother's hug she turns to her Father in Heaven for comfort.  As she opens her heart to Him and expresses her need for a hug she can feel the comfort of the spirit surround her. 


I am grateful for the comfort I often receive.  I know that I am not alone and that my Savior is always available to comfort me when I am in need, or feeling lonely.

No comments: