Sunday, September 18, 2011

I Do Not Know The Meaning Of All Things

It has been a pretty hard couple of months at our house.  I'm not exaggerating when I say it has been the worst time of my life.  My husband has been in the hospital for a total of 27 days in the last six weeks.  The treatment we thought was the answer to prayers has turned into my worst and most terrifying nightmare.
It has been very hard for me to "Keep the faith".  I have found great comfort in the prayers of so many family and friends.  I am still not sure how this is all going to turn out but I am sure that it will.  I am truly hoping that I can someday look back and see the path clearly and understand why things have had to happen the way they did. 
In the Book of Mormon the great prophet Nephi is visited by an angel of the Lord.  He is shown many things, including the coming of the Savior.  The angel asks Nephi a question.  In his answer I have found great truth and comfort.
"And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescension of God?  And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things."  1 Nephi 11:16-17
I certainly do not know the meaning of all of things but Ido know that God loves his children and that He is with us.  I know that He comforts me.  I know that He has promised to never give me anything I cannot handle with His help.  So... I may not know the meaning of all things, but like Nephi I know that my Father in Heaven and my Savior, Jesus Christ love me and are they are always with me.

This knowldege is helping me to keep the faith.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Beautifully written Steph. My favorite is D&C 121:7-10. It gets me through my hard times. Love you!